Thursday, November 4, 2010

Poetically Weird Things I Do

Dear Internet,

Sometimes I spin my forget-me-knot ring around and pretend it's a wedding band.  I hold my hand out away from me and squint at the tiny silver ring.  Then I turn it back around and continue typing.  It's probably better we aren't married.  I don't think I could live with your gray socks and snoring.

I take the long way to work so I can see the foreign kids on the corner smoking cigarettes and laughing.  I imagine being 18 again and wonder why no one ever told me about this place when I was in college.  We could have had such a good time together drinking wine and pretending to be smarter than everyone else.

Before eating a salad I cut it into small bits with my knife.  This reminds me of how the french believe you shouldn't cut lettuce.  Then I think about that night in Paris outside your apartment when I hit you with my pink shoes.  The french have a lot of stupid rules.

When I come home from work I often leave my keys in the lock.  I always think you'll be there to roll your eyes and remove them.  But then I remember the house is empty except for Stella and she doesn't have opposable thumbs.

Love,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. yeah, it's right that is awesome to be a teenager!
    drinking, smoking, thinking it's soooo cool and having the time of your life.

    ReplyDelete